Schools not selected
Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy
This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to the use and other processing of your personal information and it includes information about cookies which will be placed on your machine or other device when you visit www.elgo.com (our “Site”). Personal information is information that identifies or could be used by us to identify individuals. Cookies are defined below.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller of your personal information is El Gazette New Media Ltd of 3 Constantine Court, 6 Fairclough Street, London, E1 1PW, registered as a company in England and Wales with number 06333054.
About Our Privacy and Cookies Policy
We may collect information from individuals (also referred to herein as "you" and/or "user(s)") who use our language centre research and comparison services and submit enquiries or booking requests in respect of language centres. This Policy applies to personal information submitted to us through our Site, by telephone and/or by email (as relevant). The purpose of this Policy is to explain how El Gazette treats personally identifiable that we collect through our Site and non-personally identifiable information (such as information collected by cookies, see below).
Information about you
When this Policy uses the term “personally identifiable information” or “personal information” we mean information that can identify you as a living individual, either by itself or when used in conjunction with other information which we hold. When other information we hold can be combined with personally identifiable information to identify you, the other information will also be personally identifiable information for purposes of this Policy.
When you visit the Site you may be given the opportunity to voluntarily provide personal information about yourself, for example in order to submit enquiries or ask for information from us, such as:
- your first and last name, address, telephone number and email address; and
- any other information about you (including your comments, opinions, interests and preferences).
You should only provide the personal data of a third party, such as a friend or family member that might be interested in one of the language courses provided by the Schools, where you have their express prior permission to do so. Please refer them to this Policy so they also have the opportunity to understand how their personal information will be handled.
Non-Personal Information & Cookies:
El Gazette does not sell, exchange or publish this Non-Personal Information. However, it may be shared with employees and vendors who assist in the implementation and maintenance of our Site. We may provide analysis of our users in the aggregate or otherwise in anonymous form to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties.
“IP Addresses” are numbers which recognise the computer or other device used to access the Internet. Typically, a web server automatically collects IP addresses and uses them to administer a website. We may use IP addresses in conjunction with cookies for the purpose of “remembering” computers or other devices.
- Cookies can be classified by duration and by source:
- Duration of cookies:
- Session and persistent cookies may be used on the Site:
- Session cookies – these are temporary and they are destroyed when you close the browser and terminate the particular ‘active session’ you are on and during which you make your visit to the Site.
- Persistent cookies – these remember a computer or other device on subsequent visits. These cookies are not deleted when you close your browser and they will remain on your computer or other device unless you choose to disable them.
- Source of cookies:
Cookies can be first party or third party cookies. This means cookies may be issued by us or by a third party. We may use both types of cookies on the Site.
Function of cookies:
Our Site sets Cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly Necessary: these cookies are strictly necessary for the Site to work properly. They are needed to allow you to move around the Site and use our features.
- Functionality: these cookies enable technical performance of our Site and allow us to ‘remember’ any choices you make and your preferences.
- Performance/Analytical: these cookies allow us to collect certain information about how you navigate the Site. They help us to understand what we can do to improve them.
Cookie type [e.g. session or persistent]
Cookie category [e.g. strictly necessary, functionality or performance/analytical]
This website will:
Remember who you are
Remember what you do
This website will:
(Temporarily) Track the ‘Compare’ feature
How we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information when you:
- submit enquiries and/or comments through the Site regarding our language centre research and comparison services;
- make specific booking requests via the Site;
- call any helpline or other telephone line we make available to end users of our services;
- email us about our language centre research and comparison services;
- provide it in response to a request for information from El Gazette;
- register for or participate in any activities and/or events promoted by the Site; and/or
- use any other service provided by us via the Site, for example a help function.
We may supplement the information we collect about you through the Site with information we receive from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our products and services to better suit your.
How we use your personal information
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information regarding our comparison and research services;
- to help you research any language centres that you express an interest in;
- to deliver, personalise and enhance our services to you;
- to help you to book a language course;
- to respond to your enquiries and provide customer support;
- where permitted by applicable law (subject to appropriate consents from you, as relevant), for marketing purposes by us, for example to send you material about our products and services and those of third parties, and other information which we think may be of interest to you;
- to interact with you and to verify your identity;
- to communicate with you in relation to the performance of our Site;
- to analyze how our Site and services are being accessed and used;
- to determine your geographical location, providing localised content;
- to improve the performance and delivery of our Site and services;
- to analyze risk and business results;
- to maintain, manage and administer our internal business records;
- to establish, defend and enforce our legal rights in relation to our Site and our services;
- in connection with the contemplated or actual reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition, financing, securitization, insuring, sale or other disposal of all or part of any El Gazette business or asset(s), including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed with such transaction or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties;
- as may be required or permitted by legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit, or other good practice obligations or security requirements applicable to us; and
- other purposes as may be identified to you, or which are apparent from the circumstances, in each case when you provide your personal information to us.
Subject to appropriate consents from you, as relevant, we may use your personal information to contact you by email direct marketing purposes in relation to events and services that we believe may be of interest to you from our previous exchanges.
You can always change your mind about any marketing from us. We will provide a simple means for you to refuse further marketing (such as a link to unsubscribe) from us in each of the marketing communications. You may also change your marketing preferences at any time and without charge by contacting us using the http://www.el-go.com/contact-us option on our Site.
Communications from language schools who respond to your enquiries
You may be contacted by a third party language school where you have specifically requested that we make a booking with them for you, or otherwise to respond to your requests within the Contact School form, in order to take your enquiry further. If you do not wish to be contacted directly by third parties in order for them to respond to the enquiry you raise with us you should specify this in the Contact School form on the Site and we will endeavour to progress your enquiry ourselves.
Unless you have agreed to marketing communications from those language schools, they should not contact you for any marketing purpose. Please contact them directly if you have any concerns or issues in respect of their own marketing communications.
We do not share, sell or lease personal information about you with any third-parties for their unsolicited direct marketing use. The exception is where you have expressly agreed with us that you would like marketing from the language schools mentioned above. We would only share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing where you have provided your consent for this, for instance in the Contact School form on our Site.
Disclosure of information
El Gazette may disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above, with:
- the specific language schools which you have asked us to contact on your behalf;
- third party suppliers performing functions on our behalf, in order to properly provide you with our services (in accordance with applicable laws);
- companies within the El Gazette group of companies to facilitate the operation of our business and the Site and as required for management, analysis, planning and decision making, including in relation to taking decisions regarding the expansion and promotion of our service offering, order or customer request fulfilment and for use by those companies for other purposes as described in this Policy;
- government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law and for tax or other purposes or in compliance with court orders;
- external parties in response to legal process and when required to comply with laws, to respond to an emergency or to enforce our agreements, corporate policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of El Gazette, our employees, agents, customers and others;
- parties to whom you authorise El Gazette to release your personal information; and
- other entities (including actual or prospective buyers and our affiliates) in connection with the contemplated or actual reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition, financing, securitization, insuring, sale or other disposal of all or part of any El Gazette business or asset(s).
Where we share your personal information with certain of the third parties mentioned above, they will usually be a data controller of your information and will be independently responsible for how your data is handled. You can ask us for the details of who these third parties are (see more on this below under Your rights and how to exercise them – below). So for example, where we share your enquiry or booking request with a language school they may use the information to process your interest, application and attendance in order to take your enquiry further. We do not control their handling of your information. Under the Act, the third party should provide you with an explanation of how your information will be handled and the third party itself is subject to the Act’s data protection and privacy principles. If you have any questions with how a third party, including the language schools, handles your information, you should raise them directly with the relevant third party.
Where we share your personal information with third party suppliers performing functions on our behalf, in order to properly provide you with our services, we remain in control of the information and, accordingly, steps will be taken with a view to ensuring that your personal information is protected.
Transferring personal information overseas
We may from time to time transfer your personal information overseas. If you are based in the European Union, please note that your personal information may be transferred to recipients located in countries or territories outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) including for example in the United States. These countries or territories may not have adequate data protection laws equivalent to those in your jurisdiction. In those cases, we will seek to take steps with a view to protecting your personal information (as required by applicable laws).
If you are using or accessing our Site from outside of the European Union, the local law and privacy regulations in the jurisdiction where your personal information is held, used or processed in may apply in certain circumstances.
Updating your personal information
Depending on the country in which you are based, you may have rights under data protection laws to review and update the information that you provide to us through the Site.
Your rights and how to exercise them
Depending on the country in which you are based, you may have the right to request copies or, access, and in certain circumstances oppose the processing of your personal information. A small fee may be payable.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights or if you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us using the Contact Us section of our Site, or by email to email@example.com or telephone to +44 (0) 20 7481 6700.
Children under 13
Visitors to our Site who are under 13 years of age are entitled to access it on an “information only” basis but they should not submit personal information to us without the explicit permission from their parent or legal guardian. If your child has submitted personal information, and you would like to request that their information is removed from our system, please use the “Contact” option on this Site for this purpose.
Please remember that the Internet is not a secure medium. Communications over the Internet such as e-mails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. We seek to keep secure all confidential information and personal information submitted to us through the Site, in accordance with our obligations under applicable law. However, in common with all website operators, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through the Site (except where the same is encrypted). Please do not communicate with us through the Site, for example by using the “Contact Us” function, unless you accept the security implications of dealing online. Information you send through the Site is sent at your own risk. We urge you to take every precaution available to you to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, do not share them, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Links to Other Sites
This Policy applies only to our Site and not to websites of other companies, organizations or schools. Our Site may contain links to other websites on the Internet. El Gazette does not control or endorse the content of third party websites or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those sites. You should check the third-party website to understand their data collection practices and controls when you first click on any link. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT, SECURITY OR PRIVACY PRACTICES EMPLOYED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
This Privacy and Cookies Policy is effective from 5th February 2016. From time to time El Gazette may make changes to this Policy to reflect changes in its business or to serve you better. We may change it from time to time by updating this page. We will not necessarily bring changes or updates to your attention so please revisit this page periodically to re-read this Privacy and Cookies Policy and to ensure you are aware of any changes. If there are substantive changes to the cookies we use, we may bring those to your attention, for example, if that is required by applicable law, and we may do that by a message posted on the landing page on the Site or by a repeat cookies banner, for example.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy, please use the “Contact” option on this Site http://www.el-go.com/contact-us your questions and suggestions regarding the Policy are welcomed.
Last updated 5th February 2016